Monday, August 18, 2008

Faithful Friends!


I just returned from a 3 day trip to Indiana (without the kids!). Scott and I toured and Amish community (what great people!) and then spent a full day in Chicago. We say Wicked. It was awesome.


I was then pinning the loss of summer, the fact that the kids are going back to school (I'm so used to having them around), the absence of Scott adn having to face the approaching school year along, and then wondering what on earth I was going to do to take up time during the days. (Not that Eli and Aaron aren't work) Ok, do you feel sorry for me yet!?! :) hahaha Then I got on a friends blog and saw how well she was doing with it. I went to mine to see what I hadn't done and I saw some great comments from friends. I then realised that EVERY time I have gotten into a funk and needed a project to work on, that it's been me FRIENDS!! that have helped me through.


I'm setting a goal to work better on the blog. I'll get pictures in here and updates on projects and the kids.


Thank you to my friends for keeping me going, for helping me when I'm down, and for lifting me up and helping me see my potential. I LOVE YOU ALL!!


alisha

PS The picture is of all of us moms that did Joy School together last spring. Almost time for that again.

4 comments:

Generational stitcher said...

Hang in there, as long as you have friends and family that you can call on life can't be that bad. While none of us are in the exact situations, we can usually relate anyway...I hate it when Tom is gone...even when he just works late, I have a hard time balancing all the kids. Although I deal with it better when I am NOT pregnant, it's still not fun. Hang in there and call me if you need to chat :) Love ya!

Andrea said...

I ditto Heather! Love ya!

Moore Family said...

I miss our Joy School days. I'll always be grateful you organized that here. Really, I just miss you guys; you were always the driving force in all of the fun...scrapbook nights, dinners, joy school, etc. etc.

...sigh...

I'm going to try better to follow your example this fall. There is fun to be had, dang it! :-)

Looking forward to checking in for more frequent updates!

Walter and Lynsi Hohmann said...

Hey DeeDee! It's so fun to see a new post from you! I can't believe Celeste and Joshy are in school. How has their first week been going so far? Walt had a great time visiting with you at lunch yesterday. We're excited to see you all next week when you come to town! Love you bunches!!!